Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hello Hurricane Irene!


This is a picture of Long Branch - a few towns over- during the hurricane. So far we have been very lucky. Brief power outages, nothing severe. The trees look like they are holding up pretty well. Just branches and stuff down. My back and side yard does look like a lake but if that is the worst of this hurricane I'll take it.

I did park my car under a tree I thought might fall. I am looking to buy a new one so I thought "Instant Kelly Blue Book Value"! Of course that guaranteed that the tree is still standing tall.

Hopefully everyone is staying off the roads. I doubt it. While watching the news reports, I saw pictures of people on the boardwalks in Long Branch, Asbury Park, Avon-by-the-Sea, and Belmar. We have a certain strain of stupidity here in New Jersey that apparently must be upheld for the whole nation to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment