Friday, April 29, 2011

The Chocolate Diaries by Karen Scalf Linamen

Reading this book was like sitting down with a great group of girlfriends. You know, getting the advice that you need? Maybe you don't want to hear it - but they are your girlfriends so they are going to tell it to you straight. Karen Scalf Linamen has just become one of my new girlfriends. (She may not know it yet - but she has). I read through her whole book and then went back and reread portions that I really needed to let sink in. "Living with paradox is like rowing a boat",and because I am a list lover , her whole chapter"Want Sweet Change? Put it on Your List" was a definite reread for me. Not only did I enjoy her real life advice - but her techniques for eating and enjoying chocolate, as well as her recipes just add to the delightful book.

This book is available through Waterbrook Press. ISBN#978-1-4000-7402-0.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful blog you've created! Thanks so much for letting me be a part by reviewing my book "The Chocolate Diaries." I consider it an honor to be in your list of new girlfriends! :) Blessings (and chocolate!) to you in all that you do.

    Hugs,

    Karen Linamen
    Humorous Inspirational Speaker
    for Women

    ReplyDelete